Monday, November 2, 2009

Travel plans for Houston

Regarding my upcoming surgery at MD Anderson in Houston, some of the plans are as follows:

I fly out this Sunday morning (11/8). Steve will join me Tuesday morning through Sunday afternoon (11/10-15). My sister-in-law, Laura, will be traveling in from Detroit to stay with the kids. If you don't mind, I will be leaving some of your names and numbers for her to call, as she is very unfamiliar with this area and may need some help with driving kids or errands. She will be flying in Monday evening the 9th and staying through the 15th, when Steve returns. We are now covered for the first 8 days of my 15 day excursion! After that, some friends have offered to cover when Steve needs to travel the following week.

I plan to return home on Wednesday, November 25th for Thanksgiving, assuming all goes well! I have an aunt and uncle, plus several cousins, who live about an hour from the hospital in Houston and will be visiting me while I am there. My high school friend, Sheila, will be coming from Atlanta to visit me from Wednesday the 18th through Saturday the 21st.

Thank you for all of your well wishes. I will update the blog as often as possible following the surgery! So, this will be the place to get the most up-to-date info...

On another note... after speaking with several doctors, they feel it is possible that the pressure of the tumor on my brainstem is what is making my eyesight so bad lately & that once the pressure is relieved, at least some of my vision may be restored. Let's pray that is the case!

No comments: