Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

It's been a very busy week getting ready for surgery. Today I went downtown for my pre-op MRI scans. I leave for Houston tomorrow morning. I'm still very confident in the surgeon, but the anxiety is starting to build as the surgery gets closer. To add to the stress, Steve lost his job this week*. However, looking at the bright side - my kids will now have at least one of us there for them the week following the surgery. I spoke with both of the kids about my surgery and me being out of town for so long. Tyler seems to be handling it well, yet he still continues to hold in a lot of his feelings. My little drama queen, on the other hand, has been very emotional this week & I'm somewhat worried about her getting through the next three weeks. I spoke with her teacher and we started e-mailing back & forth. This will be our way to keep in touch while I'm gone. We are trying to set up skype-ing as well.

And now, some good news! My brother and sister, after not being able to be with my brother when he passed away, were very determined to come out for my surgery. They both got tickets today. My sister Robin will fly out the night before my surgery and stay for a week. My brother, Jeff, will come on Sunday (the day Steve leaves) and stay until the following Thursday. My high school friend will also still come the 18th-21st. So don't worry, I will not be alone!

On a completely different note... apparently, there is bag containing funeral cards from the night of my brother's wake that is missing. It is a blue Ahlgrim's bag. If anyone has seen it, please let us know.

We will try to update the blog as often as possible to inform everyone about the surgery and my recovery. Just keep praying!!!

(* Steve has over 20 years of medical sales experience. If anyone has any leads or contacts, please let him know! e-mail: sgillespie62@att.net)

1 comment:

Imabookworm244 said...

Kim, you and your family are in my prayers constantly. I'm so glad Sheila will be in Houston with you!I don't know if there is much I can do for you from Palatine, but remember that Tiffany babysits some, and your "drama queen" thinks tiff is a rock star!!