Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No steroid shot for now...

I returned home from Philly on Saturday, after spending a few days with my sister, Robin, who lives in the Poconos. On Monday, I went to see Dr. Cohen (my eye dr. here) in order to get the steroid shot in my eye. However, on Sunday, I felt that my vision was improving a little and less foggy. I told the nurse this & requested that they perform another test prior to doing the injection. When he compared the new test with the one from the week before, he thought the fluid levels had gone down slightly. Therefore, we decided to wait on the injection. I will go back to see him next Tuesday. If things stay the same or get better, I will not need the injection & he will just keep watching the eye closely.

On Monday, I also (finally) spoke with my kidney doctor. He felt that there were only slight changes and not to worry about the small growth in my left liver. I will follow up with him in the next month to discuss a plan (possibly chemo or surgery to address my kidney cancer).

Then I talked to my infectious disease doctor from Northwestern. Although my bloodwork came back okay last Friday, he wants to repeat it and see me in his office since I have felt achy and fatigued for the past few weeks. I will see him next Monday.

Whew! That's all the medical news for today. Enjoy the last few days of freedom before the kids get out of school : )

No comments: