Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The fun never ends!

I followed up with the cataract surgeon on Tuesday and he was very impressed that he saw no signs of infection, as he was worried to go in with my elevated white count. He did say that my vision was still 20/400 and it may become a little sharper in the next month. Unfortunately, it will never be good enough for me to drive again :( I will see my retinal doctor on Friday to see if there are any issues that HE can resolved to help improve my vision.

As for my neurological status, I have officially gone crazy - LOL. I have been experiencing an increase in headaches and muscle aches in my neck and head. Dr. Bendok said that a large part of it is due to the healing of the muscle that they cut through multiple times. He recommended different medication he thinks will relieve the pain.

Regarding my MRI scans of the spine that I had done a couple weeks ago, it describes two new tumors in the brain stem associated with a cyst. When I brought these to Dr. Bendok's attention, he suggested I run it by Dr. McCutcheon (the MD Anderson Dr. who did my surgery) & he also wants me to have another scan done next Thursday, which will include the brain, as well as the spine. Steve sent the report to Dr. McCutcheon and he was very interested to see both scans. We will send both sets of scans to him after my follow up scan next week.

Today I saw plastic surgery and infectious disease. They feel the open cervical wound is starting to heal and should be done in 4-6 weeks. They see no signs of infection, but they did do lab work to see if my white count went down.

No comments: