Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There's an end in sight!

(from Kim tonight via phone) Well, I'm still hangin' out at NW hospital... I developed yet another complication on my left thigh where they took a skin graft during the repair on the hole where the spinal fluid had been leaking. There's a seven-inch incision on my thigh and there is a 13 cm hematoma. It's very painful & makes it very difficult to move. The doctors prefer not to do surgery, but rather hope that the blood clot will re-absorb in the next 3-4 weeks. As it shrinks, the pain will lessen.

The doctors mentioned me going to rehab for a week. I told them that was NOT an option. I need to go home! So, they are arranging home health care with physical and occupational therapy. If all goes well, I should be home by Friday. I will still need IV antibiotics until December 21st, yet Steve is going to play nurse (changing 6 IV bags a day). So, I will be home for Christmas - yeah! I'm definitely looking forward to 2010. It's GOTTA be better than this!

I'm anxious to get my cataract taken care of. Too bad I couldn't have just had it done while I was laying around here!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers & hospital visits. It is so appreciated & has helped give Steve an opportunity to keep up with things at home. Tyler and Alyssa are anxiously awaiting my return... I have only been home five days since November 8th, when I left to go to MD Anderson for my surgery!

No comments: