Monday, June 1, 2009

Things are lookin' up!

I saw the doctor again today. He said that the bubble in the last 10 days has gone from 50% to 25% and that I no longer need to keep my head in a down-facing position. You have no idea how happy this makes me!!! He said that I should be starting to see more and more over the next few weeks as the bubble completely dissolves and the bloody fluid gets reabsorbed. I was so shocked that I could actually see the eye chart on the wall. I couldn't actually see any letters, but I could see that there was a chart there - major progress!!! As a matter of fact, I can now see from chin-level up, although things still remain blurry and distorted (due to bloody drainage, the bubble and trauma to the retina). I still continue to have night blindness. It's like my house is a funhouse at night. The doctor says this is very common, which made me feel better.

I follow up with him again in two weeks. In the meantime, he told me to move slower & continue to use help. I am now using a sippy cup because I spilled three glasses of water yesterday!

As always, I'd like to thank you for all your "meals on wheels" (they've all been delicious and well-received by the kids) and help during the day. Special thanks to Brenda Shinn for getting Alyssa and I all beautiful for Alyssa's recital on Sunday! Thanks also to everybody that is signing up for the walk in June. If you aren't familiar with this, you can view the details at www.wecare4kim.com

No comments: